Get Info Now
Fill out form to get all your answers by email
- Financial Aid
- Class Schedule
- Career Info
- Job Placement
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) jobs are rewarding and fast-paced, but to get the skills you need to succeed in the healthcare industry, you need the right education.
The Medical Office Assistant program provides the skills and knowledge to be a well-qualified, practicing MOA through training in medical terminology, communications, office and clinical procedures, billing and electronic health records, transcription, and keyboarding. In addition, the program fosters the development of interpersonal skills, organizational effectiveness, and the communication skills necessary to function professionally in a medical environment.
Medical office (administrative) assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctors’ offices, hospitals, medical clinics, and other medical settings. People in this occupation:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to be tactful and discreet.
- Use organizational skills for managing large amounts of detailed information.
- Should be proficient in working both independently and in a team setting, and must be capable of working under pressure.
- High school graduation or equivalent*, OR mature student** status.
* From an English-language teaching institution
** 19 years of age upon starting classes and Pass the college's admissions test
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.